Everyday Abilities Foundation, a chapter of United Spinal Association, in partnership with SCI-FIT, are offering scholarships to individuals in the Bay Area to receive one year of complimentary gait training treatment in Pleasanton. This includes two weekly one-hour sessions on their gait training therapy machines.
Applicants must meet the following basic criteria:
- Someone living with spinal cord injury or related disorder (SCI/D)
- Able to provide their own transportation to SCI-Fit in Pleasanton, CA.
- Must agree and consent to participate in, as well as use their likeness in, USA and Everyday Abilities Foundation communications and promotions.
- Cleared by a physician to participate in an intense exercise therapy program that includes weight-bearing activities through the upper and lower extremities
- Able to stand assisted or be vertical for 20 minutes with no blood pressure issues
- Have no open lesions or pressure sores.
Click here to learn more and apply for this scholarship.