Many individuals with disabilities often face expenses that no insurance or other governmental agency will cover and most financial institutions are of no help either.
We just learned about FreedomTech Loan Program that provides low-rate fixed financial loans toward purchasing items such as hearing aids, computers and adaptive accessories/software, adaptive driving equipment, home modification equipment for accessibility if you own your own home (e.g., ramps, shower, grab bars) and more.
In order to be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a California resident.
- Must be at least 18 years or older to apply.
- Identify as an individual with a disability or an individual borrowing on behalf of the individual with a disability.
- Demonstrate a stable employment or income history.
- Good payment history in the past year.
- Assistive Technology must be eligible for financing.
The nice thing about this program is the low rates, flexible financing period and the fact that items that would otherwise be difficult to secure a loan for are covered. They do charge a 1% origination fee (1% of the loan amount).