Here's what should be a fun and learning opportunity for those of you that have always wanted to try water therapy but were nervous/scared about doing so. Our friends at No Limits Collaborative are holding a swim & water exercise clinic on Sat., Sept. 30th from 12:45-3:30 p.m. at the Emeryville Community Center pool located at 1170 47th Street, Emeryville.
Their PTs, specialized staff and volunteers will provide personalized and hands-on attention to each participant so that you feel absolutely secure, safe, comfortable, and happy in the water. Also, the pool has a separate individual wheelchair accessible bathroom/shower as well as accessible benches/showers in their men's and women's locker rooms.
This clinic will include:
- Detailed conversation about safety and water exercise/swimming before we get in the water
- Safe and assisted transfers into/out of the pool
- Using noodles, floaties, buoys and other equipment to maximize an effective exercise regimen
- Ideas for how to swim laps and what tools/equipment you can use to help (i.e. snorkel, hand paddles, straps, float belts, etc.)
- How to deal with locker room/bathroom/shower challenges at pools
- Plenty of time for Q&A and individualized suggestions
The cost to participate is only $20 as a donation to No Limits Collaborative. Space is very limited, so if you're interested, email Arash ASAP to reserve a spot. Arash@nolimitscollaborative.org